Thank you to the Museum of Science for welcoming DCF foster children & their families!
Our dedicated partners at the Museum of Science create access and opportunity for DCF foster children and families by providing *free Museum admission to preregistered DCF foster families.
*This offer is available by registration only. This offer does not require the use of the Wonderfund Access Card. Please read the instructions located on this page to access this offer.
One of the world's largest science centers and Boston's most attended cultural institution, the Museum attracts approximately 1.5 million visitors a year through its vibrant programs and 700 interactive exhibits. To date, more than 2300 DCF foster families have enjoyed thousands of visits to the Museum!
Are you a member of a DCF Foster Family? Be sure to opt-in to the Museum of Science benefits Package.
The benefits package includes:
- Eligible family members *(see below) will receive free admission to the Museum of Science in Boston with the presentation of photo ID at the Museum box office by a registered primary and/or secondary care provider.
- When visiting the Museum, free admission includes access to the Museum’s exhibit halls and live presentations but does not include venues requiring separate tickets such as Butterfly Garden, 4-D Theater, Omni Theater, Planetarium, or ticketed special exhibitions.
Register By: November 16, 2020, for the benefits start date of December 18, 2020.
Register By: March 19, 2021, for the benefits start date of April 16, 2021.
Important COVID-19 Information for Registered DCF Foster Families:
- Due to COVID-19, there will be no walk-ups allowed to enter the Museum.
- All visitors, including registered DCF foster families, both adults, and children of all ages, must book timed tickets in advance.
- Registered DCF foster families can no longer go to the Museum Box Office for tickets.
- Registered DCF foster families must book timed tickets in advance by calling 617-723-2500 during business hours.
- Tickets will be sent to the registered DCF foster family via digital confirmation.
- The digital confirmation and a photo ID are required upon entry at the Museums Exhibit Hall entry.
- Tickets are available for Exhibit Halls and The Science Behind Pixar, which is free with admission and requires a separate timed ticket.
- Advance timed tickets will be available now.
- All visitors are required to wear a face-covering and should stay home if unwell.
- Please review the Museum code of conduct here https://www.mos.org/visit/code-of-conduct
- Please review the Museum FAQ here https://www.mos.org/visit/visitor-faq
*Important Benefits Information:
- Family members eligible for free admission include adults designated as primary and secondary care providers and their biological, adoptive, and foster children who reside in licensed Massachusetts foster homes.
- This program does not include guests who do not reside in the foster family household or adults other than the primary and secondary care providers, even if they live with the foster family.
- Free admission is for DCF foster homes with Open status and will continue for the Wonderfund/Museum of Science partnership duration. Foster homes with Closed status will be removed from eligibility for free admission.
- The Museum will use the information you provided in your Opt-In survey for contact and admission purposes.
If you have questions, contact the Wonderfund at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enjoy your adventure at the Museum!