Museum of Science welcomes foster children in the care of DCF and their foster families!
Our dedicated partners at the Museum of Science create access and opportunity for foster children in the care of DCF and their foster families by providing *free Museum admission to preregistered DCF foster families.
*This offer is available by registration only.
One of the world’s largest science centers and Boston’s most attended cultural institution, the Museum attracts approximately 1.5 million visitors annually through its vibrant programs and 700 interactive exhibits. To date, more than 3,000 DCF foster families have enjoyed thousands of visits to the Museum!
- Registration will open in January 2024.
- The registration email will be sent from DCF to your email address.
- If you are a DCF foster family and have already registered for this benefit, you are all set, and there is no need to register.
Are you a member of a DCF Foster Family? Be sure to opt-in to the Museum of Science Benefits Package.
The Benefits Package Includes:
- Free admission to the Museum includes access to the exhibit halls and live presentations but does not include the 4-D Theater, Mugar Omni Theater, or the Charles Hayden Planetarium, which require separate tickets.
- The Museum of Science will keep registered families updated on special events and current, upcoming, and outgoing exhibitions through monthly emails.
Important Accessibility and Safety Information:
- For information on accessibility offerings and resources at the Museum of Science, Boston, please visit mos.org/visit/accessibility
- For the Museum’s current health and safety protocols, visit mos.org/visit/code-of-conduct
Important Benefits Information
- Registered families will receive free admission to the Museum of Science, Boston, by presenting a photo ID at the box office.
- Tickets will be sent to the registered DCF foster family via digital confirmation. The digital confirmation and a photo ID are required upon entry to the Museum exhibit halls.
- Free admission is for DCF foster homes with Open status and will continue for the Wonderfund/Museum of Science partnership duration. Foster homes with Closed status will be removed from eligibility for free admission.
- The Museum will use the information you provided in your Opt-In survey for contact and admission purposes.
- For questions about the Museum, visitor policies, and exhibitions, reach out to email@example.com or call 617-723-2500.
Enjoy your adventures at the Museum of Science, Boston!
Frequently Asked Questions
The Museum of Science will use the information provided by DCF and Wonderfund to administer free admission provided under this partnership and to send monthly Museum updates on exhibitions and events.
Please be sure to bring a photo ID. At least one of the adults named on your membership must be present. Without your ID, the Museum cannot confirm your Wonderfund/Museum of Science partnership status, and you will be required to pay for admission tickets.
You are welcome to bring additional guests, both adults, and children. Your Wonderfund/Museum of Science partnership enrollment entitles you to eight admission tickets each time you visit the Museum. One ticket must be claimed by an adult tied to your account, but the others may be claimed by the guests of your choice.
Can my children get in for free if they visit the Museum with another adult – a grandparent or babysitter, for example, or on a school field trip?
No. A primary and/or secondary care provider who has consented to allow their information to be shared with the Museum must be present and must have valid photo ID in order to gain free admission for themselves and the children who reside in their household and this offer cannot be combined with school field trips or other group visits or offers.
Come as often as you like each year you are registered through the Wonderfund/Museum of Science partnership. For each visit, you are entitled to eight admission tickets.